Sunday, May 12, 2013

Cheat Meals

Happy Mothers Day to all the beautiful moms out there in the world! I want to give a special shout out to my mom who does more for me, and our family, than anyone. Without her, I wouldn't be anywhere. I truly love you so much!

(edit: to anyone who I actually know that reads this blog has probably seen this photo circling my social media on various occasions. This is actually the ONLY photo my mom and I have taken in a very long time). 


I had a great day today with my family, and had some great food at P.F. Chang's, which is one of my moms favorite places to eat. I had lots of delicious food, including a couple pieces of sweet and sour chicken, some lemon chicken, scallops, coconut curry tofu and lots of other deliciousness. I didn't really count my calories at all, but I did try to limit my portions and not eat too much.

I did well, I think. I had a couple pieces of each dish, along with a couple bites of dessert.  I wish I had taken more pictures of the food, but we were all so focused on eating (typical) that all Instagramming was forgotten.

I do have one picture, of the amazing cast-iron pot that the oolong tea was served in. As a tea fanatic, I never really understood the hype that major tea stores (Teavana, anyone? I'm addicted to that place) place in marketing cast iron pots. But after having some delicious tea out of it, I'm sold on it. They're probably a little too expensive and a tad un-realistic to brew tea in regularly, but it was pretty cool!


Since it's not real unless it's on Instagram.....can I un-count this meal?

 I think that because I am OK now with "letting go" for one meal a week, I put less pressure on myself, and it's easier to pick up clean eating again. Not going to lie though, I did have Chipotle last night, so does that count as two cheat meals? Oh well...

For the rest of the week, however, there are no excuses and I plan to be on-point with my eating game.  I've got weight to lose!


I'm probably going to take a post-eating nap and then hit the gym to start my second week of Couch 2 5K, and continue with Week 1 Day 3 of LiveFit.

It's weird, I'm starting to enjoy the gym. Who am I?

Hope everyone has a great mothers day!

No comments:

Post a Comment